Sunday 12 April 2015

My Third Year Journey

It gives me a great pleasure whenever I think/write about my journey. I felt that I just shared my 2nd year journey few months back. But, it’s almost a year. This shows me (make me to feel) how much I enjoy my job without knowing the time. Yes, it’s a third year completion for me in the testing industry :)

Highlights of first two years Journey:
I joined Moolya Software, Bangalore in the year 12-Apr 2012. This was my first job in the field of Software Testing. In Aug 2012, I was temporarily stopped. In Jan-2013, I started my journey in Mindzpark, a start-up in Coimbatore (TN). I was the first and one and only Software Tester in that organization. Some great things happened in between that duration. Apart from my project work, I focused more on blogs, published book, connected to more testers with similar interest.. There were few supporting hands who helped me to do all these work.

In the year 4 Feb 2015, I rejoined Moolya Software, Bangalore. It was like “A Home away from Home” feel. I was extremely happy because I know that I am going to work with few passionate testers and it happened. And the journey is still continuing :)

Third Year Journey:
In the first two year, I focused on testing web applications. In the third year, I got an opportunity to work on Mobile platform.  Every year, there will be always some new people who keeps me inspiring. I always used to mention about my Gurus Pradeep and Parimala and my colleague Raivsuriya who are my great inspirations. As, mentioned in one of my blog, their guidance are like a blessing rain for me.  I feel that I am blessed to have them as my mentors. I am not sure, where I have leaded my journey if I didn't get an opportunity to meet them. It all happened in one place “MOOLYA”. This is one of the reasons why I don’t want to give up Moolya at any cost. I always have a great respect to the organization (the place where I found my passion and that changed my style too : )

How my team inspired me:
To me if I am not happy with the environment (work place), I won’t give my best at work. Nowhere this has happened because of my team mates. That’s an another blessings where I got an opportunity to work with such great Testers Megha Harsh, Vani Vinay. These two people keep me inspiring in many ways. I learned the work-life balance with these two people.  I was impressed, on the way Megha handles work-life balance. Her work style, way of handling the project, passion and dedication inspired me a lot. At one point of time I realized that she has a great leadership skill.

Their passion and dedication at work made me to work along with them with the great spirit and things are going on our favor. This made me to realize that great work could be done when there is a good coordination in a team.  I could proudly say that this is my best team I have ever found so far.

Motivation from client:
There was a great support from the Dev, Client (PM), who keep motivating me to focus more on work. It’s hard to have such great people in one team. But, again I am blessed.

“No Ego’s in a team make me more comfortable to continue in a team”

On learning front, like last two years, this year too turned as a great time for me. I have explored many areas in Mobile platform. And still exploring without feeling bored: ). This I was able to make it with the great support from the team. Note I meant great not good or better :)  This year turned as a special year for me. So many changes in my work style, learning, contact with few more passionate Testers/Developers.  

Why it’s good to have a mentor:
If I have not met my Guru, I don’t know where and how I will be today. Finding a right mentor is hard, but, if you have them, you are blessed. I have a dream, I want to chase it. I was looking for the path to travel. They showed my path, I am travelling to reach where I want to be. There will be many obstacles while travelling. We need to be prepared to tackle that. The mentor might help in those cases. I am prepared to face anything, because my focus is only on the destination not what is coming in between.
I am not a talkative person. I belong to “Work more talk less “category. But, it doesn't mean that I never talk, I do when there is a need for it. I have my own style and that’s my identity. I don’t be a copycat of someone’s style.
I wish my fourth year journey starts with great energy with the same support from my Gurus, team members.

I have to end up my writing by conveying a big thanks to all the people whom I mentioned and others who still supports me.

With Respect
Pradeep Lingan
               







No comments:

Post a Comment