Saturday 11 May 2013

My days in working with start-ups

I joined in a company little late after completion of my graduation. I was searching for the job for more than a year. I know that I was bit late to start. But, I was on the right place to start. My first journey started in a start-up company. I don’t want to describe more about that company, but in short to say it’s a cool start-up  I believe that I was guided by a right person. My hidden talents are exposed when working with those people.

Advantage on working with the start-up:
I have worked in MNC just for very few months. So, I don’t have much idea about working culture in multinational companies. But I can share the experience I had and am having it with the start ups. Before joining into any company, my dream was to get into some big MNCs. I felt that if I join in those companies,  I could proudly say that I am working in those companies (where the names are more familiar to most of the people like Infosys, TCS, CTS, etc.). But my dream went off as a dream. No way had I got an opportunity to work in those companies. On looking at medium sized company, I don’t have much grace to work there. I was impressed by the company size, package and other benefits. I felt this I could get only in MNCs.
I was happy when I got the job. But I have no idea of continuing in that (start-up) company. Because my wish was to get into the big companies. So, on the day one when I visited my first office, I was happy but not up to that.  I saw very few people, computer, chair are there also it was a small workstation, etc. I was not impressed much by seeing those things.
Later on I slowly understood the use of working in the start-up companies. At start up there is an opportunities to learn more and get things quick. But,  I have no idea whether this could be possible in the large scale companies. The learning process, opportunities to expose talents, showing the identity in very short time also few other things where one could get it in start-ups very quickly.
Choosing the start ups matters a lot.  Because there are some company’s where their vision and expectations are different. Some companies are like

Few companies grow and provide an opportunity for their employee’s growth too.
Few make their employees happy and also make their work done
Few provide a very low salary and get their work done with huge task and expectations.
Few don’t provide a securities to the job (fire at any time)
Few hire people and get the bond sign for few years and lot more.

So, know how to choose a start ups. Always find a place where you can learn things and add value to your work style.
Before joining in the company:
1. I felt that software testing was just a kind of job.
2. I had no idea of writing a blog.
3. I have no idea of publishing an e-book
4. I don’t have much idea about the importance of the social media like (Twitter, LinkedIn etc,).

But after joining and working:
       1. As days goes on testing became as one of my hobby.
      2. Writing blogs and sharing my thoughts
      People taught me what passion is. So, now I am working in my own style. I am not sure whether this could be possible if I had into some MNCs. But, I strongly believe that whether it is a start-up or large size company. We need a right people to guide.
   
What makes company and employees happy?
Company should provide an opportunity to learn, considerable salary, entertainment, security.
Employees should be sincere, responsible, dedicated, hard working. Knowing the mission and vision of the company, true to the people.

How to work in a start ups:
Always prefer to learn more than earnings and entertaining. It’s an opportunities to grasp things quickly and share things easily. This will help to improve the skills and expose their talents in a very short time. Don’t feel hesitate to work on weekends. This is the age for the people like me to learn more. I believe that when I learn more and once people realize the need of my work then I will have more grace and could get what I expect either money, company, etc..

Thank You!!!



My Contact Information:
Email id: ktg.pradeep@gmail.com
Mobile: 07639959901
Skype: pradeep.lingan















No comments:

Post a Comment