Friday 29 November 2013

My style of defining testing and its concepts


Here I share my thoughts about testing and its concepts. I have mentioned few and I will be updating few more about it in my upcoming blog post. I personally do this for the people who are “blind believer”, who always go with book /links in search of defining something. I would be happy if those people change themselves and define things by their own on what they know. I would suggest people not to follow someone blindly by not knowing the reason for following them and not even knowing who he/she is.

What Software testing is?
Software testing is about applying the question that was asked by ourselves to evaluate the behavior of the product.

Manual Testing:
Testing that was carried out by human. Where he/she test to check the behavior with the eye witness in many cases.

Automation Testing:
The software that test the another software based on the standard it has been made.

Quality:
Quality =Value
I believe we can’t test for the quality intentionally. We could test for its behavior. Product quality is what the product success is. Quality comes from the user end (Users acceptance/interest over that product)

Bug: 
An issue in a product. It could be of programming, design, Requirement fault.
Example. You add a sugar to the cup of good water. When you drink you should feel the sweet taste but not the bitter taste. The bitter taste is the bug in the sugar. 

Tester: 
Who is not a Scientist, but he/she should think like a scientist
Who is not a Judge, but he/she should be good in making decision
Who is not an Astrologer, but he/she should be able to predict the products behavior

So, the professional who has the attributes of those three is called as a tester.

1 comment: