Monday 22 July 2013

My new style of designing the test case

I just want to make (follow) some new style of working in testing. I just started and trying to do a research in creating (test case design) and following the testing style.

I have gone through few test case document creations. But I am entirely against to it. Because my testing approach (Exploratory-learn and test) is quite against to following test cases for testing. I have done some work to have a new style of designing the test document that contains two or three columns if it is documented in excel. The columns are “Questions/Check”  “Results got”  “Comments/Notes”. I don’t prefer to have a lengthy column sections for the test case design like “Test strategies Test scenarios, , Test Steps, Expected Results, Actual Results, Status. I haven’t followed any test case document. But, I just want to know how well it works with my new approach.

I have learned and believe that testing is about questioning the product. So, we test by questioning to ourselves over the product. I believe “Product quality goes blind and deaf is the tester doesn't knows how to see and speak with the product”.

So, as a tester we need to know how to communicate with the product. How well you communicate with the product and that much the quality that product will have. 

My new design has few features
Module name will help us to know which module/Unit we are working with .This will help us to know about the trace-ability matrix. Followed by test designer name and people who executed the test cases and along with that time required to execute the test.

I see this will be the simple way to have a test case document preparation.
This could be created in other kind of document like Mind mapping. Mind mapping is another way of representing the document in picture form. There could be any (many) style of having a document through mind mapping









If the test case is prepared through other document file like word, excel:  (sample document):



Test case Document
Module Name:         Designed By:      Executed By:          Duration:



Sl.No
Questions/Check
Results found

Comment/Notes

1

2.
3.
Does the username field contain rectangle shape?
Does the data’s in the password field are encrypted?
Does the min/Max length of the password is X, Y?






This is the sample of my work not the result of my research work. All the changes I make in preparing the document will be updated in my blog post.  I will be happy if anyone provides me a feedback for my work and I will be happier if you try to create a new documentation style and test case following approach.

My Contact Information:
Email: ktg.pardeep@gmail.com
Phone: 07639959901
Skype: pradeep.lingan


No comments:

Post a Comment