Monday 3 June 2013

Is Testing an Orphan baby?

How you see a software testing. I believe all people know the father of various languages. Do you know who is the father of software testing? Have you come across such question? I hope most of the people who were and who are in the software testing(software tester) may not asked or realized about this kind of questions. even me too when I started. Few might had such question but may not have discussed with the people. Then how I had this soft of question in my mind. This happened when I was chatting with my friend  ( who is also a software tester).One day we were making a general discussion on testing. So, at that time we got this kind of question.

Why I felt testing an orphan baby?
It is because I see people use to ask questions which I never heard about it. I see there were no fixed(standard) testing types, approach, etc. When ever people ask some questions like cone model, bug fix testing etc, some use to comment for that.So, for the people who are new or the people who are not aware of testing types or approaches believe that there exist such kind of things.So, people used to give their own name for their own inventions(name). That's why some faces difficulties in answering a questions during interviews and even the testing professional has lots of confusion due to this.

When I posted such questions in a social media like (linked in, twitter) I got some considerable answer from one of the tester.He replied as " Not if you know how to grow a baby". The answer might be confusing . But, then I realized "Orphan"doesn't mean that the child without parents/guardian. If there are people to take care of a baby, then the baby is not an orphan baby. So, who can take care of the baby's growth? The people(tester) who cares, who knows how to grow a baby, not all(if one don't know how to do that).

How to care for a baby's growth?
Baby is grown and it's still growing. But to show a better path, it is a responsibility of  an individual (testers) not to post or have a new name like cone model, black viper etc.. So, know whether the model, types or any other approaches or anything related to testing really exist and is followed in an organization. If we really don't know then we can't be a good parent or guardian to that baby. Obviously we can't show a good path to the baby's growth.
Before we follow or answer to some thing make sure it is an existing one.Otherwise no one can stop the occurrence of such types of methods and models.

My Contact Details:
 E-mail: ktg.pradeep@gmail.com
Skype: pradeep.lingan
Phone:07639959901

No comments:

Post a Comment